Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Thursday, September 22, 2011

"I'm not the curator of the museum of me." Wendy Reid Crisp

     I have been sorting through closets making piles of things to donate to charity.  I am bad at this and save most everything for a rainy day, but am trying to follow my husband's lead.  Still, most of the pile contains things that are his. 
     I have a closet of old clothes that maybe I will wear again,  stacks of books and music I want to read and listen to again.  Will I? 
     This advice is from the book "When I Grow Up I Want to Be 60", from the chapter entitled "Stuffed":  

          I am not the curator of the Museum of Me.  I am a pioneer, entering the frontier of the New Sixties.  Best to travel light.

     What should I jettison next?

No comments:

Post a Comment