Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Friday, September 23, 2011

If I can't accomplish anything else today I can:

My list:
     1)  Hug my husband and tell him I love him.
     2)  Smile.
     3)  Make my bed.
     4)  Eat fruits and vegetables.
     5)  Brush and floss.
     6)  Wear my seatbelt.
     7)  Wear sunscreen.
     8)  Do 1 plank.

     Have you heard of the plank a day revolution?  It was started by Dr Sherry Pagoto. (see her Blog http://www.fudiet.com/ ) 
     Instructions for doing a plank can be found here:  http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises_10.htm

     Now, I really hate ab and core exercises, but doing 1 plank a day, only 60 seconds a day, should be doable.  I am now on day 19 of one plank-a-day.  I will try for a streak of 365.  

  
     I am continuing to jettison "stuff" to give to charity.  I found 4 pairs of dress shoes I didn't even remember having.  I no longer wear heeled, pointy-toed shoes, now preferring shoes that actually look like feet, so out they go.  I also found 16 sturdy, but empty, shoe boxes.  Why in the world was I saving those?  It's true that the stuff we own comes to own us, and it feels good to free myself of some of it.
    As the song says, "tis the gift to be simple, tis the gift to be free."  I am working on it and hope to "come 'round right."
 
"Do one thing every day that scares you."  Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment