Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Monday, September 19, 2011

Forks over Knives

     I finally got to watch the documentary "Forks over Knives."  It was a good basic overview of the work of the Doctors I have been mentioning---T. Colin Campbell, Caldwell Esselstein, Neil Barnard, John McDougall, etc.  It reminded me that Ruth Heidrich, Ph.D., is my absolute hero!  She is a raw vegan, cured her metastatic breast cancer with diet and exercise 30 years ago, and is still competing in Ironman length triathlons in her upper 70's. 
     The takeaway from the film for me:
          All whole foods contain calcium.
          All whole foods contain protein.
          Medical tests are fallable.
          Information is power.
          You can have control over your own health.

No comments:

Post a Comment