Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Thursday, June 20, 2013

I can do anything.

     Do you do daily affirmations?  I never have, but after seeing this video I may start. Oh, to feel this good about myself!  (email subscribers must go to the blog to view video).



     I went to the Wednesday night run group last night for the first time in a year.  I stopped going because I got tired of always being the slowest, and because it is really hot at 6 pm in the summer, and dark and icy in the winter.  Those are my excuses and I'm sticking to them. Actually, it was a lot of fun and felt good. We did one slow lap around the lake to warm up and then did 2 minute faster intervals which I alternated with 2 minutes of walking for a second lap.  Total was just 2.8 miles including warm-up, so it was easy.  There was a nice breeze off of the lake so the 90 degree temps were not a problem.  I'm the one in the pink shirt.

Some of us, waiting to start


With my friend Ellen who was kind enough to run and talk at my pace



No comments:

Post a Comment