Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy Independence Day.


"Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better."  Albert Camus

This song makes me tear up every time I hear it, I'm not sure why.  I'm not a patriotic zealot.  I hate "God bless the USA"  bumper stickers.  I think they should say "God Bless the World" or "God Bless Us Every One."  We are global citizens.  Nevertheless, I love this song.  It tugs on all the right heartstrings.  Enjoy your holiday and your freedoms.



(email subscribers must go to blog to view video)

No comments:

Post a Comment