Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Monday, July 8, 2013

I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles

     I'm back after a trip to another state to visit family over the holidays.  I had a great time. Thank you everyone.  In addition to spending time with family,  I visited the historical society museum in the small town where I grew up,  watched their Independence Day parade and the fireworks exhibition that night. It is nice to be home again, though, as I need to get my feet on the ground and start catching up here with the usual things....getting my dog from the sitter, mowing the lawn and yardwork, going through days worth of mail and bills, etc.

     I did read an excellent article this morning called "Being Vegan-I am glad I admitted I was wrong."  The author put a lot of thought into it.  Here is the link:
       http://lasvegas.informermg.com/2013/07/06/being-vegan-i-am-glad-i-admitted-i-was-wrong/

     Here is another interesting link to a man who is running across North America, Mexico, Central and South America from North to South, by himself, barefoot.  He in is New York now.
      http://www.runningtotheendoftheworld.com/?from_fb=1&fb_action_ids=10200852051496322&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210200852051496322%22%3A10151188554694715%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210200852051496322%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D


     Here is a video on facing the post-antibiotic age.  Modern medicine as we know it may soon end as bacteria become resistant to all available antibiotics thanks to industrial farming of animals.
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/past-the-age-of-miracles-facing-a-post-antibiotic-age/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=past-the-age-of-miracles-facing-a-post-antibiotic-age&utm_source=NutritionFacts.org&utm_campaign=dfa305ed31-RSS_VIDEO_DAILY&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_40f9e497d1-dfa305ed31-23307913

   
     Below is a picture of son Ben on top of the tallest Harvestor silo at my parents' farm.  He climbed up to take photos.  He never was allowed to do this as a kid so takes every opportunity to do so now.

The view looking down at one of the smaller Harvestor silos

Looking down the ladder


No comments:

Post a Comment