Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Thursday, September 12, 2013

There is nothing like the smell of wet dog in a closed-up house!

     I've always thought this song should be titled:  "It never rains in Colorado".....


     It has been raining on and off for 3 days now here.  At least the reservoirs should be refilling a bit, if not the Ogallala aquifer, so I guess it is a good thing.  I have never seen my lawn so green.
     I have cabin fever already, and it isn't even autumn, much less winter.  I keep telling myself, I won't melt...to quit being a wimp.
      (email subscribers must go to blog to view You tube videos)

     Yesterday a song refrain kept running through my brain as I walked the dog.  I was hearing "Misty Morning" by Joni Mitchell.  Came home and checked and of course it is "Chelsea Morning" by Joni Mitchell....still a good song but has nothing at all to do with a misty, rainy day but is about sunshine.
       
     I do that all the time....my brain switches out lyrics to meet my thoughts.  While running I am thinking "I can run for miles and miles and miles and miles" while humming The Who melody to "I can see for miles."
     Do you do that, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment