Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Friday, April 24, 2015

A jar full of wishes


     There is a really nice older gentleman that I often see at the park where I walk my dog and also do a little running.  He is on disability and cannot walk well anymore, so he drives to the park and sits and listens to ballgames on the radio until his wife gets off of work.  He is a people watcher.  He carries a jar of pennies with him and throws a few out on the path as he loves to see kids pick them up.
     As it happens, I always pick up pennies.  I make a wish on these found pennies and keep them....a jar full of pennies someday will equal a jar full of wishes.  Of course, you can't spend the pennies or the wishes may not come true.
     He is a kind gentleman and we talk often. Next time I find a penny I think I will wish that his foot heals so he can hike a little again.

No comments:

Post a Comment