Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Saturday, April 18, 2015

On a personal note


     Today I will share a blog that I found especially meaningful. I found it meaningful because some days it is just easiest to drift, and I need reasons to not do so.
     The blog, Widow Chick, is by Catherine Tidd. a Colorado writer, who authored the book, "Confessions of a Mediocre Widow."  This blog speaks for itself.


Dear Brad,

It's the eve of your birthday and you know that I've always believed in wishes. But since you're not here to make them, I'm going to make these promises to you...and to me.

I promise to find something in every day. It could be funny or sad or meaningful or "Dodgeball" stupid. I will find it. And it will be something.

I promise to find the thing in me that made you fall in love with me. I think it was how much I loved life? I'm not sure because we didn't talk about it. But I guess the quest will be part of what makes me find me all over again.

I promise to find something that reminds me of you. I don't know if it will be every day, but when I see it I know it will be because you sent it my way. I will treasure it in a way that no one else will understand. I won't try to explain it.

I promise to be so proud of us.

I promise to find me without you. Because otherwise I would disappoint you.

No comments:

Post a Comment