Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Monday, April 27, 2015

“No one has ever become poor by giving.” ― Anne Frank, diary of Anne Frank



     I mentioned all the rain we have been receiving and how my plans fell through yesterday.  One of the things I was hoping to have done was a fun run/walk put on by the elementary school located one block from my house to raise money for their PTA. I am a whiny wimp who won't run in rain and cold if I don't have to, though, so didn't go.
     I put the money I would have spent there, plus some more, to better use donating to help in Nepal after their horrible earthquake.  I wish I could be there to help in a hands-on way since there is such a need, but when you live in middle America sometimes the best you can do is send money to help with disaster relief.  I encourage you to do the same.


     


No comments:

Post a Comment