Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Wednesday, April 15, 2015

"You are the sky. Everything else...it's just weather." ---Pema Chodron



     I am back from a beautiful long weekend in Austin, TX.  I had a wonderful trip spending time with family and all of us getting to run the Statesman Cap 10K, which is a big family-oriented event with around 20,000 runners and walkers. Dean had always wanted to do this race, so we did it to honor him. I know he was there in spirit cheering us on. Sydney and Alex ran with their middle school group and did fantastically well!  I'm so proud of them.



     The weather in Austin seemed warm and humid to me,  Roses and other flowers were in full bloom everywhere. Now that I'm home with snow and cold in the forecast for the next 5 days, I already miss the Austin weather. Crab-apple trees are in bloom and smell delightful here which must have tempted the fickle finger of the weather gods' need to come along and freeeze them off.  It happens every year. The same with daffodils....here today, frozen tomorrow. That's Colorado.

     Maybe the cold is a good thing.  I've read in the news and on Facebook that rattlesnakes are out and about already.  I can do without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment