Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Sunday, July 19, 2015

"Do not underestimate the intimacy of running, and the people with whom you share your miles." ---Kristen Armstrong

     2 AM and I am up.  It is race day for the Revel Half.  This time I am running with friends.  We will meet up at another friend's home at 415 AM to carpool to catch the bus at the finish line, which will take us to the start.  It is a point to point race generally downhill from Evergreen, CO to Morrison, CO.
     Wish all us crazy people luck.
     This is my last race of this summer.


Update:  245 AM, my dog is dragging me down the street as a little brown fox is zig-zagging in front of us teasing her.  The fox knows my dog is leashed, but apparently my dog has forgotten.

And there is something wrong when you apply sunscreen at 330 AM when it is dark out.  At least I remembered it.

No comments:

Post a Comment