Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Friday, July 3, 2015

I pledge allegiance




     I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!

     Yesterday the group with which I volunteer, Freedom Service Dogs, took an outing to a major crowded shopping mall.  I had the pleasure of taking a wonderful lab mix called Kanga on his first outing to the mall.  I was so impressed with this dog.  He noticed everything.  He saw the headless, handless male manikin....he stopped, backed up, and stared, with his eyes running up and down trying to figure out the headlessness. He finally decided it was okay.  Next was a full-sized realistic painted bear statue with big eyes, located in the kids' play area.....same response, stop, back up, stare for awhile and then move on. The elevator and the heights from a 2nd floor overlook were no problem.  He lay under the table in the food court for 30 minutes while I ate and just watched the crowds go by. I love smart observant dogs. He will be a terrific service dog for somebody in a few months.


                                                   God made a dog (watch)

No comments:

Post a Comment