Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Sunday, July 19, 2015

Race didn't happen.

Update....so after sitting in traffic for an hour, finally parking my car, and waiting in line for two hours for the buses to take us to the start....they cancelled the half marathon!  The bus company they hired didn't provide the buses.

I'm home by 7 AM eating my 2nd breakfast of the day and thinking I ought to do some kind of a run, but by now all I want to do is go back to bed.

It was fun hanging out with 3 friends for that time, but it would have been better being able to race.  It looks like it will be a gorgeous morning.

At least I'm only out my $70 race entry and a few hours of my life.  Lots of people came from out of state to run the race. They must really be upset.  Fingers crossed they will provide a free entry to next year's race.

On the other hand, the race director was near tears as she advised the long lines of runners that the race was cancelled.  I feel sorry for her, too.

It's just a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment