Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.


     I have been thinking about adventures lately....I've come to no conclusions but am thinking.


"I hope your rambles have been sweet and your reveries spacious."
                                                         Emily Dickinson

"Not all those who wander are lost."
                                                           J.R.R. Tolkien

"The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd.  The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before."
                                                           Albert Einstein

     I did get up at 3:45 AM to check for the Perseid Meteor Shower this morning, but it was overcast so I thankfully went back to bed for a few more hours of sleep.  Maybe tomorrow.
     Meanwhile, here is song to take you waaay back. (Catch a Falling Star)


     I heard an interesting podcast last week about being vegan.  It proposed that vegans are more adventurous people.  I can believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment