Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Monday, August 10, 2015

"What is the good of your stars and trees, your sunrise and the wind, if they do not enter into our daily lives?"--EM Forster


     I managed to get up to see the sunrise a couple of mornings this past week. It helps that it is arriving a little later in the morning these days.
     It surprises me every time to feel the peace and serenity wash through my body just watching the beauty.

     The Perseid Meteor shower is supposed to be stellar this year.  If I can make myself get up in the early hours of the morning this week, I will go out to take a look.  I realize the light pollution of the nearby city will probably not allow me to see much, but I'll give it a try.
http://www.sciencealert.com/look-up-the-perseid-meteor-shower-hits-its-peak-on-august-12-13


     Living near trees is good for your health.  There is research to prove it.  Take the time to just sit out under a tree today. Become a treehugger. Live longer, or at least live happier.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2015/07/09/scientists-have-discovered-that-living-near-trees-is-good-for-your-health/

No comments:

Post a Comment