Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Thursday, January 18, 2018

Look up.

     Anyone who knows me knows that I greatly dislike heights.  They make me light-headed, nauseated, and feeling like the bottom has dropped out of my world. But on April 29, if I train hard enough, I will be here! I'll be running smack in the middle of that bridge, looking up and out, (and never down).

     According to their website, there is a 2100 foot overall elevation gain, and a strict time limit.  I must train hard and not get injured on this journey, if I don't want to get carted off of the course.  It is a bucket list event and I will need to be consistent, and try to stay motivated.  I have a longgggg way to go to be ready for this. But look at that beauty.  It will be worth it to even try.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment