Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A good compliment....

     I mentioned previously that my husband was diagnosed a week ago with congestive heart failure, probably brought on by his chemotherapy.  I have started checking the sodium contents of the food we eat, even though no one has given us any dietary directives to do so.   Surprise.  We already were on a low sodium diet.  I will have to watch some items I buy, as certain brands of salsa, spaghetti sauce, and whole grain cereals have a little more salt than others, but in general eating a whole food, plant based unprocessed food diet is very low sodium. 

"Let food be your medicine."  Hippocrates

     I am still jogging a little three times per week.  In reality it is more "jogging-like" slogging, a jogger-wannabe type motion.   Yesterday I was going up the last hill toward home and a car stopped me.  The driver complimented me on being out there and actually running, wishing she could do the same.   I was tempted to mention my slowness and that I am a beginner again.  I do think that she said it because I am such an unlikely looking jogger.  But then I decided to just accept the compliment.  I was out there jogging, and up a hill no less.  I will have to remember to compliment others doing the same....to feel free to stop my car and compliment a stranger.

"I can live for two months on a good compliment."   Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment