Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happy thoughts for today....

     My Dad is doing well after his knee replacement surgery yesterday.  He was up walking twice today and doing physical therapy.  He hopes to be discharged Sat. or Sun. if they can set up home health visits and physical therapy.
     I volunteered at Freedom Service Dogs this week and worked with a volunteer I hadn't known much before.  Bev is 77 years young and has survived 3 heart attacks.  How wonderful that she is still volunteering, and doing something rather strenuous, too.  I admire her. 
    The 1st 2 days of Dr. Fuhrman's "Eat to Live" diet are going great.  I eat a big salad before lunch and dinner now.  I have had to bend one of his rules, however, and have a mid-morning snack.  I eat breakfast at 6 am and need some fruit to get me through until 12.  Maybe I will have to eat a bigger breakfast.  So far, this is a nutritional life change I can live with.
    I have a delicious recipe for you, which I modified from his book:

                               Chocolate Cherry "Ice Cream"
     Puree in a food-processor 1 frozen banana, 8 oz. frozen cherries, 1 heaping tablespoon of cocoa powder,  a dash of cinnamon, and approximately 1/2 cup of almond milk (or other alternative milk).  Serves 2. 



    

No comments:

Post a Comment