Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Wednesday, March 2, 2011

We are what we repeatedly do.

     Update time:  4 weeks are done.  I don't know where the time has gone.   Only 5 months left until my arbitrary goal date for wellness.  I have continued to eat well plus, more importantly, exercise including 3x/week jogging.  It hasn't showed up much on the scale (yet), but weight is just a number. Am hopeful that as I am able to jog longer weekly distances, the calorie burn will increase, and/or if I increase muscle mass.
     I did some research.  Google says it takes 3-4 weeks to form a habit.  A research study at University College London showed it takes 66 days to create automaticity of a habit.   I am close to halfway to forming automaticity.  I would like to be hooked on exercise. 
     I am counting on the following quotes to be true:

"Good habits, once established are just as hard to break as bad habits."  Robert Puller

"First we make our habits, then our habits make us."  Charles C Noble

"Motivation is what gets you started.  Habit is what keeps you going."  Jim Rohn

"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

     (If you are giving veganism a try, use ground raw cashews as a substitute for parmesan cheese.  We like it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment