Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Petrichor=Lovely



     How appropriate to read this definition today.  It is raining lightly and beautifully and continually this morning.  We never get gentle rains here in Colorado.  I will have to dig out a raincoat to walk the dog, who will be an unholy but happy mess by the time we get back.  I needed a rest day from exercise anyway so it will be perfect  
     Petrichor must also be the smell of spring and thawing earth.


     Yesterday my friend Sue and I used coupons for a free "gravity" workout which uses weight-bearing on a machine with a slide-board and pulleys. The first few minutes were a snap, but by the end of the hour I was so sore!  To quote Sue, "We fought the gravity, but gravity won."
     Today is my free P.T. sports assessment.  I hope he can determine what physiological weaknesses I have,  I can tell from the few yoga classes I have taken that I have a lot to work on.
 

     Here is an appropriate Youtube song for today.  Did you know that Dean's and my first official date was to a B.J. Thomas concert?
                                   (email subscribers must go to blog to view videos)

No comments:

Post a Comment