Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Friday, July 11, 2014

"The universe is wider than our views of it" (Thoreau)



     I read a very interesting study which shows that standing tall helps when making the big picture decisions.  I found this fascinating and will try to remember this next time I am in a quandary about something.  I'll stand on a chair or climb a hill or a mountain, or just think soaring elevated thoughts.

 "perceived physical height directly affected whether test subjects took a metaphorical “50,000-foot view” or “street level” approach to decisions."

     Here are links to the study.

http://sportsgeezer.com/2014/to-make-big-decisions-it-helps-to-stand-tall/

http://www.futurity.org/head-height-problem-solving-729282/


     It reminded me of this classic scene from the movie "Dead Poets Society"
                           (email subscribers to my blog must go to the blog to view the video)


Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment