Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Monday, September 7, 2015

Quote of the day

 
     "It's not so much that I began to run, but that I continued."
                                                    Hal Higdon

     Great quote.  I need the motivation.  Today will be run streak day 369.  I'm registered for the Highlands Ranch half marathon.  I haven't run a race in quite a while and I am nervous, but if things don't go well, I'll just treat it as a training run.  I need a race right about now, though, to judge where I'm at in my training.
     Have a great Labor Day everyone.

Update:
     It was a great race....small, but well organized.  There was 642 feet of elevation gain balanced by 1432 feet of elevation loss.  The last two miles were all up-hill, however.  I only remember the elevation gain!  Time 2:36:39 per my garmin (11:59 pace).  Race results are not yet posted for this year.  I felt okay until mile 10 or so, when "the hill" started.  On the plus side, I ran all the hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment