Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Thursday, January 8, 2015

Do not go gentle




“The 50-year-old distance runner often relates better to his 16-year-old running partner than to his sedentary age cohort. We're not completely the same, but when it comes to running, our similarities far outweigh our differences,” wrote Beverly. 

http://www.runnersworld.com/rt-columns/do-not-go-gentle-0?adbid=10153000003602090&adbpl=fb&adbpr=23403427089&cid=socRac_20150105_38260607


     I find the above quote interesting.  I've been wondering why all my closer friends are a decade or two younger than I am, but it is because of shared interests.  For example, I've been trying to get a hiking group together and mentioned it to a group of friends who are my age.....there was little interest and a lot of "I'm too old" or "I can't walk up hills."  I hope, and will try, to never make "I'm too old" my motto.
     Age is irrelevant...to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment