Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Thursday, November 12, 2015

A boring but much needed recovery day.


     Yesterday we had our first significant snowfall of the year--6 inches.  It was a day to stay warm indoors and do winter-like things.  I read a book.  I cooked a couple of pie pumpkins and toasted their seeds, and then made pumpkin pudding.  For some reason I was craving pumpkin foods.
     Today I will make pumpkin soup with roasted corn.  I can't wait.
     I did jog a very slow mile on the treadmill (while reading said book) to keep my streak intact (day 442).
     Today there is sunshine, lots of errands to run, a dog to walk....back to normal.  Some days, though, you just need to take it easy,

No comments:

Post a Comment