Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Saturday, November 7, 2015

Happy weekend


     I am running?? a trail half marathon this morning.  A few months ago when I signed up, it seemed like a good training idea.  I am not really recovered from my last race.  I have never run a trail race before.  This one has 1000 ft of elevation gain, is 95% trail, but involves no mountains or rocks or roots for me to trip and fall.  Yes, I am a klutz---I freely admit it.
     But it will be 25 degrees at the start.  I don't do well standing around waiting when it is 25 degrees.....freezing fingers, shivering, stiff muscles, etc.
     I spent a couple of hours yesterday driving around Highlands Ranch trying to find the expo to pick up my race bib and shirt.  Siri, the navigator on my cell phone, couldn't navigate herself out of a paper bag!  I advised her to notify "Apple" that she was stupid.  It didn't make her smarter.
     Let's hope she can get us to the race this morning.
     I almost wouldn't go, but I paid money for this and people know I registered, and will be watching on FaceBook for my results.  Dratted accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment