Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Lab gluttony, owner stupidity


     I have a labrador/golden mutt.  Charleigh is a heavy chewer and loves rawhides, which have gotten very expensive lately.  The big Christmas ones were on sale this week (the 2 footers), so I got her one.  She just carried it around for a while trying to figure out how to tackle it, but once she did, I couldn't get it away from her.  She would grab it and run away from me all around the house.  It was hers.
     I gave up and hoped she would quit when she was full.  No such luck.  Within an hour it was gone.
     At 3 am I was awakened by retching.  By the time I got the light on and got to her she had puked the entire thing onto my bedroom carpet...a steaming pile of rawhide bits.  She was wagging her tail and I swear she was smiling.
     30 min. later it was all cleaned up, and I couldn't get back to sleep.  I could only be angry at myself.  Labs are gluttons and will eat themselves into a coma if given the opportunity.  She is worse than me at Thanksgiving.  I must remember this for next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment