Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Sunday, November 1, 2015

NYC Marathon



     I am feeling like a slug today.  I ate leftover Halloween candy, more than a little, after shutting off the lights last night. Once a year is okay, right? So this morning I am sitting, drinking coffee, and watching the NYC marathon live on ABC7NY.com/live/
     It will be a beautiful warm day here so I will hold off heading outside with the dog.  Maybe the race or all the caffeine as well as the sunshine will inspire me to move.
     I have a couple of acquaintances running in the race (Boulder Running Co. coach Daniel Glass and his Mom).  I'm sure I'll never see them among the 50,000 televised runners but love watching anyway.  There are always a lot of celebrities running as well as the elites. It is exciting.


(woo hoo, 6 miles in and Danny is averaging 6:26 min. miles)

Kenyans and Ethopians were the top men and women runners.  Meb K came in 7th for America breaking the Masters record.

My race tracker lost track of Danny at mile 10.  I hope he wasn't injured or ill having to drop out.  His Mom is doing great and has passed 20K.

I am such a dork sitting around watching this, but loving it.

BTW....Happy World Vegan Day.

(ps, Danny must have dropped out at mile 10, I hope he is okay.  His Mom finished in 4:52. There is never a guarantee you will finish a marathon)

No comments:

Post a Comment