Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Sunday, May 19, 2013

Finished, time for a well-deserved rest.

     Today was my toughest race ever, but I finished!  Next time, hopefully all injuries will be healed and I can train appropriately and get faster.  Apparently you need functional hamstrings to be able to run well.  Who knew?  I finished 52nd out of 74 in my age group. I would like to do better next time, plus I want to keep earning the bling, which, for me, is the whole point.



     The race started with a run through the Denver zoo.  There weren't too many animals out that early on a Sunday morning, but as we ran past the rhino, he was doing laps around the lake in his enclosure.  He must have been inspired by the runners.  The elephant just watched us like we were crazy, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment