Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Monday, May 6, 2013

Here's to the fire within..


     I lost my mojo last week.  Mojo is defined as an amulet, charm, or magic spell;  the art of casting magic spells; or an uncanny personal power or influence.  For me, it means motivation, which equates with the third definition of personal power or influence.  My personal power left me mojo-less.  I didn't exercise like I should have, didn't eat as well as I should, and didn't accomplish anything....a wasted week of my life. Today starts a new week and I am going to work to get that fire back.
   
"Sky Above Me, Earth Below Me, Fire Within Me"

     I wondered where the above quote came from  It turns out it is from a video-game...Skyrim.... in which the player assumes the role of a dragonborn, a rare human with the soul of a dragon. That appeals to me.  I'd love to have the soul of a dragon to restore my fire within.  I'm working on it.


     I  

No comments:

Post a Comment