Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Friday, May 17, 2013

I Love This.


     It has been a busy week.  I am still trying to get over my most recent running injury two weeks ago.  Every time I increase my mileage, I seem to get injured, and it happens shortly before a race. I have been reading some books on running for older runners.  It looks like I will need to run a little less and cross-train more.  I generally walk the dog as cross training, but it seems that isn't enough.  I have been doing a lot of stretching recently, too.  I still haven't found an appropriate training plan for myself. I may have to write my own.
      I have a race on Sunday, so I'll just see how it goes and maybe walk a lot of it if necessary. Keep your fingers crossed for me.  I'm off to the expo this afternoon.
      These two thoughts should help keep me going:


Photo: Favorite Run


Shop all the best top-brand running shoes, apparel & running gear!    www.FavoriteRunStore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment