Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Saturday, May 18, 2013

Swim out of your little pond...

     The race expo yesterday at Mile High Stadium was crazy, cramped, crowded.  The interstate was bumper to bumper, stop and go.  They make us go there to pick up our race bibs.  I would pay them good money to just mail it to me, let me stay home, and save half a day of my life.
     The race itself has no parking available.  Haven't decided what to do about that yet.  I know other people coming from a different part of the city that are carpooling and getting there 4 hours early, to camp out in their cars.  I am questioning why I am doing this....the race itself will be the easy part.  Logistics....not so much.


     I watched the finale of "The Office."  It wasn't my favorite TV show at times over the years, but Dean liked it, so we always watched it and I kept it up.  The final episode was very well done.  It wrapped things up well and treated all the characters with respect.  I even shed some tears.

PS, It is well known to my family that I hate (fear) to drive in heavy traffic or to unfamiliar places.  It is difficult for me to swim out of my little pond.  Siri has become my best friend! She tells awful jokes, though.


  Swim out of your little pond.    Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment