Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Friday, August 16, 2013

“An object at rest tends to stay at rest and an object in motion tends to stay in motion”. ~Isaac Newton

     The above quote rules my life.  Last weekend I spent 2 full days in the car, and a day visiting family.After 3 days of not getting in a run, it was very difficult to start up again.  After 5 full days off, yesterday I managed to run a single mile before having to shower and leave for the day.  Today, though, I made myself get back to running: it was not easy and I was very slow.  Each time I do this, it is like starting over again. You'd think I'd learn.
     It is a good thing that I am slow, though, because my dog Charleigh stopped to sniff something good and tripped me up.  I landed in gravel and got my hand, elbow, and knee. If I had been going fast, I could have really done some damage.(Force=Mass x Acceleration). Of course, once I was flat on the ground, she was standing on top of me licking my face like the doofus-dog she is.  It took a couple of minutes to get her 80 pounds off of me and rise to my feet. Darn Doofus Dog!  At least she seemed apologetic to my anthropomorphic mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment