Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Sunday, August 4, 2013

Did you ever wonder how much time you have left?

     This post is sort-of birthday related.  As I mentioned yesterday, birthdays make me think a bit about where I'm at in my journey and if I'm headed in the right direction.
      According to deathclock.com, (click below for link), I've got 28 years (actually 895,662,000 seconds and counting) left to live if all goes well.  Of course, I plan on making that 38+ more healthy years, but I'm an optimist, if not an outright dreamer.
                deathclock.com
     The point, though, is how to not waste those valuable seconds and what to do with them.  I read a great short speech given by Wil Wheaton at a Sci Fi convention----advice to a newborn.  He ended it with this:

      "This is really important: I want you to be honest, honorable, kind. I want you to work hard. Because everything worth doing is hard. And I want you to be awesome, and I will do my very best to leave you a planet that you can still live on."


     We could all benefit from following this advice.
     Work hard
     Be awesome
     Do your best to leave behind a planet where people can still live
     



                                   (email subscribers must go to blog to view video)

No comments:

Post a Comment