Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Monday, August 19, 2013

Would you want to know?

     Here are interesting studies being done on whether non-invasive inexpensive eye exams can predict Alzheimer's Disease ten or fifteen years into the future. That would be wonderful to have a diagnostic tool, however if there is no treatment to cure or slow the disease, would you want to know?  I don't think I would.

Is the eye key to predicting Alzheimer's?
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/17/health/alzheimers-test-eye/index.html

              **********************************


   On a lighter note, I went to a painting party last night.  Oh where did all my kindergarten art-skills go? This hobby would be a lesson in patience, something I have in short supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment