Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Saturday, August 3, 2013

I am a force of nature.


     Yesterday was my birthday.  Thanks for all the birthday wishes from family and friends. I had a fantastic day and week.
      Birthdays, like new years, are a time for reflection, re-evaluation, and goal setting.  I think I'm on the right track but need to just keep on keeping-on.

      I like the following motivational quotes:

"I am in charge of this body.  And through training, I choose to control how it ages." ---Debra Morrow, Runners World.

"They think I'm too old to cause trouble,"  Stella says.
"Old age," she says, "is a powerful disguise."
                                  Katherine Applegate, "The One and Only Ivan"

"You look like a natural athlete," said no one to me ever.
                            Denver Post

"One cannot be prepared for something while secretly believing it will not happen." ---Nelson Mandela

Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed.  Maybe they just need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with them.




     

No comments:

Post a Comment