Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Friday, August 30, 2013

"Either you run the day or the day runs you." Jim Rohn


     I did an interval workout on Wed. eve.....a 1.4 mile jog to warm-up;  2 minute intervals alternating with 90 seconds of recovery (which I walked) x 18 minutes, then a 1 mile cool-down.  I am sore and will be taking it easy for a few days. I'm still the slowest, but am still lapping everyone at home on the couch.
That's me...white hair, wearing black, lower right corner


  

     I do have an interesting predicament....as I increase my training, I am constantly ravenous!  I eat non-stop. I am still eating "clean".....healthy, unprocessed, plant-based.....but am gaining weight.  I did some research and learned that this is a common problem.  You might guess that you'd lose weight as you train more, but that isn't the case for many people.  I'm hoping that I am gaining muscle.  I don't have a scale that measures body fat percentage, and don't plan on getting one as it is just another number to stress over.  I'll just keep on listening to my body and eating healthily whenever it tells me to feed it, as long as my clothes still fit.
     Thanks to Danny at Boulder Running Company for the pictures and for leading the runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment