Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Sunday, October 4, 2015

Marathon truth


     This applies for all lengths of races for me.  Today is the Hot Chocolate 15k.  All the chocolate at the end will make it all worth the effort, though.


     Again up at the dark of 3 am to eat, walk the dog, and leave for light rail by 4:45.  It should be cold at the start, just a 20% chance of rain so fingers crossed it'll stay dry.  I know at least 2 dozen people running or walking the 5k or the 15k.  It should be fun. Like I said.....fingers crossed.
     I have a couple of friends running a trail marathon in Fort Collins today.  I can't even imagine running 26.2 miles on mountainous trails with 4000 ft. elevation gain. That is insanity. So my race should be a piece of cake (chocolate, of course.  see what I did there?)

No comments:

Post a Comment