Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Saturday, October 17, 2015

Taper madness----check!


     I am in tapering mode for my marathon next weekend.  I am suffering from all of the symptoms listed below.  I am running very little, yet I have twinges everywhere.  My foot hurts...could it be a stress fracture? I am eating everything in the pantry not nailed down every single day even though I'm hardly running.  I feel like a fraud....an impostor who is deluding herself about being a runner.  I feel like I've never run before and that my pace is super slow even when I push myself. None of my running shoes seem to fit comfortably anymore. My dog Charleigh finds me to be extremely cranky.  I am wondering why I ever was crazy enough to sign up for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment