Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Thursday, October 1, 2015

“Autumn is the eternal corrective. It is ripeness and color and a time of maturity; but it is also breadth, and depth, and distance. What man can stand with autumn on a hilltop and fail to see the span of his world and the meaning of the rolling hills that reach to the far horizon?” – Hal Borland







My favorite pun of the week:


     Twenty five days until marathon time.  I am constantly muscularly exhausted and every other day I eat absolutely everything not nailed down.  I crave all the carbs. I guess this is where I am supposed to be at this point in training? I have only one long run left the first of next week and then taper time.  Yay. It can't come too soon or I will gain ten pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment