Looking together in the same direction.

Looking together in the same direction.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

by my favorite poet, Mary Oliver

"Instructions for living a life.

Pay attention.

Be astonished.

Tell about it."

Mary Oliver


Sunday, October 11, 2015

Should be vs actuality



     I should be out walking the dog or running, but instead I am spectating and being a couch potato.  I am watching the Chicago Marathon live-stream on my computer.  Being a slug.  I'll do today's run tomorrow.
     It is exciting to watch but they are having technical problems with the live feed, which is really irritating.

     I lost satellite coverage halfway through.  Went out for a short run but ran into a friend, we talked for a half hour.  Ran into a neighbor and we talked for 10 min.  Today was just not meant to be a long running day.
     There is always tomorrow.
     This is partially why I'm not a better runner....I use my training plan as a very general guideline to be taken with a grain of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment